UPCOMING EVENT – April 14, 2017
The Petris Center will be co-hosting the day-long conference “The Impact of Healthcare Market Concentration on Healthcare Prices & Premiums: What Can & Should Be Done” at the NYU Wagner School on Friday, April 14, 2017. The meeting is being hosted by Dean Sherry Glied from New York University and Dr. Richard Scheffler from the University of California, Berkeley. Lunch will be provided for conference attendees. Please note we have limited seating available so please email us directly if you would like to attend. Feel free to forward this announcement to others you think may be interested. Please RSVP no later than Friday, March 31, 2017.
The conference agenda and participant bios can be accessed here.
March 6, 2017
Dr. Scheffler delivered a talk to the Town and Gown organization entitled “Obamacare, Trumpcare, Why do we Care?”
February 17, 2017
Dr. Scheffler and Dan Arnold traveled to the UK to give a talk at the London School of Economics. The talk was titled “The need and Demand for Health Workers for Improved Health Systems Performance to Reach Sustainable Development Goal 3.”
June 8, 2016
Dr. Scheffler gave a talk entitled “Obamacare: How Does the Insurance Market Work?” at the workshop for the project “International Migration of Medical Doctors: Trends, Drivers, and Policies.” Sponsored by the John Fell Fund, the talk took place at Oxford University’s Martin School. To learn more about the workshop, visit here.
June 7, 2016
In June, The Oxford Department of International Development and International Migration Institute hosted Dr. Scheffler for a week long series of lectures. On June 7th, Dr. Scheffler was the keynote speaker at a one-day workshop on the International migration of medical doctors: Trends drivers and policies, the concluding event of a IMI project led by Mathias Czaika and Yasser Moullan which aims to further knowledge of the impact of immigration policies on the international migration of medical doctors.
In his keynote speech, Dr. Scheffler presented a soon-to-be published new methodology for measuring global healthcare worker supply and demand in the context of the Sustainable Development Goals.
April 1, 2016
Dr. Scheffler presents at the World Bank on his just-released Global Health Policy and Economics Handbook.
February 25, 2015
Petris Center Director Richard Scheffler participates in a panel discussion as part of the three-day joint Federal Trade Commission and Department of Justice public workshop on “Examining Health Care Competition.” The purpose of the workshop was to study recent developments related to health care provider organization and payment models that may affect competition in the provision of health care services. Skip ahead to 58 minutes for Dr. Scheffler’s remarks.
November 21, 2014
June 8-12, 2014
- Berkeley Healthcare Forum: 4th Meeting, May 6, 2014 – Claremont Resort, Berkeley CA
- ACO and Anti-Trust Workshop, April 24-25, 2014 – Faculty Club, University of California, Berkeley
- ADHD Explosion: Myths, Medication, and Money – Book Launch, March 1, 2014
- Research Training: Socio-economics of Mental Health Delivery System in South-East Europe , February 5-8, 2013, Hotel Shattuck Plaza, Berkeley, CA
- Berkeley Healthcare Forum: 3rd Meeting, February 4, 2013 – Claremont Resort, Berkeley, CA
- Berkeley Healthcare Forum: 2nd Meeting, September 6, 2012 – UCLA Campus
- Research Training: Socio-economics of Mental Health Delivery System in South-East Europe Kick-Off Meeting, June 6-9, 201s, Hotel Neptun, Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Berkeley Health Forum: Retreat, May 4-6, 2012 – Vintage Estates, Yountville, CA
- Berkeley Health Forum: 1st Meeting, February 23, 2012 – Claremont Resort, Berkeley, CA
- ACO and Anti-Trust Conference, November 11, 2011 – Institute for Research on Labor and Employment (IRLE), Berkeley, CA [Papers: ACO Paper, JAMA Paper]